Social media contests can be a great tool to show off a company’s good personality and generosity. We’ve seen one of our partners gain over 25,000 likes on his Facebook page by offering a $25, $50 and sometimes $100 gift card to a winner chosen from a Facebook post.
This is Joe with Joe’s Plumbing. To celebrate National Friends Day, we are giving away a $25 gift card to Olive Garden AND an additional $25 to the winner’s favorite charity! To enter, “like” our page, comment below what your favorite charity is and why, and then SHARE! Winner announced on Tuesday at 5!
This type of ad works wonders for gaining popularity online because:
- People like winning things
- People like being asked their opinion
- People are overly passionate about particular charities (and will be more likely to share for their cause)
- It doesn’t come off like a company ad – – because “It’s Joe and he cares!”
- Third party sharing multiplies company exposure and growth
- People like supporting businesses that “give back”
Post simple contests twice per month on social media (awarding the person with an E-card or snail mail) and in between these, post more relevant business content and tips to continue the hype and integrate services.