Main Record Display
Simplicity RMS stores records according to your project requirements, making them available to search and browse. Users perform operations on existing records from the home page. Some of these operations include:
- List and report creation: A list is a named set of grouped records with optional notes. You can use lists to perform inventory projects or other workflows.
- Label printing: We can configure labels for each record type for barcode tracking or color-coded filing. We may also embed RFID tags for automated folder tracking with fixed readers or for handheld field operations to locate files and inventory.
- Record history: We store record operations in chronological order with time, action, and user metadata. We can report on this data to see every event on an item within a specific period.
- Document attachment: Documents are uploaded or scanned and attached to each record, which allows the RMS to serve as a document management system or CMS. In addition, document attachments may consist of invoices, receipts, purchase orders, or other documentation related to a physical asset.
- Thumbnail attachment: Take a photo and attach it to a record to quickly identify the item you are tracking.
- Check Out: Check an item out to a user or a location with a due date and a reason code to turn your records management system into a tracking system.
There are several ways to search your records:
- Scan Search: Scan a barcode, or use our browser extension and a desktop reader to scan RFID tags.
- Barcode Search: Similar to a barcode scan search, this allows you to enter a barcode manually.
- Global Search: Search for a keyword across all record types.
- Record Type Search: Similar to global search, this feature allows you to search one record type for a keyword.
- Record Type Field Search: Choose a record type under Record Type Search and use the form to search for a combination of fields within a record type.
Depending on your search type, search results will be displayed either in a table (for single record types) or a list (for multiple record types).
The toolbar on the bottom of the home screen opens a world of possibilities for managing your data. Some of the available features include:
Highlight one or more records and press select to add them to the selected records menu. Selections have batch functions, including report and list creation, label creation, batch update, and barcode generation.
Key RFID associates a new RFID tag with a record manually. Write RFID writes the tag for a selected item with a desktop device and our browser extension.
Build records or boxes going to storage, scan, or destruction. Insert places one type of record into another. For example, you can use it to insert a folder into a box or a document into a folder.
We can print color-coded strip labels for files, boxes, or documents directly in the RMS. Our label software can also print any label to track any record or item.
View, Update and Delete
These are basic management operations. View shows the entire record index and its children.
As mentioned earlier, this is the lifecycle history of the record, including:
- Location History
You may also create a history report, allowing you to comply with an audit quickly.
View electronic files attached to your record, or add electronic content and even scan paper to the item with a desktop or network scanner.
Selected Records Menu
By selecting items and adding them to this menu, you can build a subset of records while searching or browsing the database. This subset is then accessed to perform management operations. These operations include:
- Clear: Once you have finished building and working with your record subset, use this to clear your selection to perform additional operations.
- View: View your selected records on their own in the record display.
- Create List: Lists are helpful if you have a collection of records and need to refer back to them over time.
- Create Report: Name your report and add notes to add it to the Reports list for review. Once you have compiled and reviewed your data, you will have the option to export it as a PDF or a spreadsheet. Both reports and lists are saved in the database until you delete them.
- Create Labels: This button prints labels for your batch of selected records.
- Export: Use this shortcut to export a batch of selected records as a spreadsheet.
- Generate Barcodes: Print simple barcode labels on a specific label size, which is helpful for scanning records.
- Print Record: This places your selected records in a queue so that you can print labels now or in the future. These can be configured to route requests to a specific user or group in case you have a staff member or group responsible for such tasks.
- Batch Update: With a batch update form configured for your record type, you can quickly update a set of fields in your records without affecting the rest of the index.
Add records to the system with the Add button. The origination process may be as simple as manually filling out a form. Alternatively, configure your projects with automation to populate fields with things like:
- Home locations
- Status fields
- Uniquely generated barcodes or RFID tags
Complex forms are divided into multiple tabs to make it easier to browse your record during data entry. Our forms are easily customized to save time originating and validating new entries.
Configure record origination to tie into a workflow event to print new folders, create boxes, or print document labels, among other things.